05 February 2016 – Focus on Primary and Nursery
Dear Parents and Carers
The last couple of weeks has been quieter than normal as we settle down to hard work. Nevertheless, this hard work comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes!
- The Care Inspectorate inspected the nursery on Monday, 1 February. The visit was very positive and our feedback will be published soon. We will let all our nursery parents know how to access this in due course.
- Scottish Opera visited St John’s RC Academy and led a joint performance of Fever! with P6 and their peers from Balhousie Primary School (see picture). The performance reached fever-pitch and parents, staff and pupils who watched the performance were very impressed. Thanks to all the class teachers for rehearsing the songs – all the pupils sounded great.
- Thanks to the parents who came along on Thursday evening for our God’s Loving Plan Information Session. A special thanks to Mgr McCaffrey for leading this session.
- Sunday 7 February, Primary 1 and Primary 5 pupils and families will lead the liturgy at 11.00am Mass in St John the Baptist Church with a focus on sharing their RE learning during Catholic Education Week.
- The Nursery warmly welcomes parents to join their child in the Baking Sessions throughout this week.
- Tuesday 9 February, P5 & P6 pupils will take part in Perth and Kinross Gymnastics Festival at Bell’s Sports Centre. We wish them luck and take this opportunity to thank Mrs Tomb for preparing the girls for this fantastic opportunity.
- Ash Wednesday takes place on 10 February. P1-4 will come together and be led by Deacon Len for a Service and distribution of ashes. P5-7 will join the parish community at 10am mass.
Finally, we currently have our annual parent questionnaire open until the end of the month. Please take five minutes to share your views with us.
With every good wish,
Seán P Hagney
Headteacher and Campus Leader