11 March 2016 – Focus on Nursery and Primary
Dear Parents and Carers
Over the past fortnight, it has been a pleasure to welcome parents from across the primary and the secondary school. We had an excellent turn out of parents and staff were able to share the great progress of our young people. I also met with parents during our recent Parent Council, and parents from across the diocese at the Catholic Open Forum on Saturday, 5 March at St John’s High School, Dundee.
Today I met with Mr Ron Cowie, the Attainment Advisor for Perth and Kinross, who came to speak to us about how we raise attainment and ‘close the gap’ for our learners. We will be working closely with him over the coming months.
- P1 & P7 pupils had their dental checks completed by NHS Tayside.
- Children had the opportunity to celebrate World Book Day last Thursday where they came dressed as their favourite book character and had the opportunity to share and read with nursery pupils.
- Around 20 of our P4 & P5 boys had their final rehearsal with the National Youth Choir ahead of their performance on Tuesday 29 March. Mrs Jarvie has been working hard with the boys learning the songs and the NYC were very impressed with their work. Well done to all the boys and Mrs Jarvie.
- 4 of our P7 pupils represented the school at the St John’s Rotary Quiz on Tuesday night at Glenearn Campus. They were up against a tough competition and did themselves, parents and school community proud. Well done!
- Our parent council met on Wednesday night to finalise details for the Easter Fayre on Saturday 19 March. Donations for raffle, tombola, cake n candy can be handed into the office. For more information click here.
- Primary 4 are visiting St John the Baptist for their class mass and then heading off to Perth Museum to learn how a museum works as they prepare to turn their classrooms into their very own Titanic Museum. If you are able to accompany this class to mass and the museum, please contact the school office.
- Wednesday evening sees our P3 pupils receive the sacrament of reconciliation at 6pm in St John the Baptist Church.
- On Friday, 18 March, P3 will be hosting our annual toast café from 10-12noon. Invitations for parent slots will be issued early next week. P5 will come together to celebrate St Patrick’s Day (a day late!) and lead us in our assembly. Parents of P5 are welcome to come along for 11.30am 18 March in our assembly hall.
- P6 & P7 will attend an author visit organised by the North Inch Community Library. The Horrible Science author, Nick Arnold will entertain the children.
- Our P7 Show this year is ‘Robin and the Sherwood Hoodies’. The show will take place on Wednesday 30 & Thursday 31 March at 6.30pm. Tickets are priced at £3 and will go on sale from Monday. We look forward to inviting special guests to view our talented pupils!
Every good wish,
Seán P Hagney
Headteacher and Campus Leader