2 June 2016 – Focus on Secondary
My blog for the secondary school’s a little bit later than planned – so apologies if you’ve been looking out for it!
The examination diet has been going well and is coming to an end tomorrow for most of our pupils. We’re looking forward to inviting our new S5 and S6 back over the next few days as they settle into their new timetables.
I am delighted to announce our new Senior Prefect Team for 2016 – 2017. We interviewed pupils last week for the various positions in the Senior Prefect Team based on staff and pupil recommendations. All of our young people did extremely well in their interviews which made our decision even more difficult when choosing the various positions for the team. We believe that these young people will all do a fantastic job and will serve our community well (along with all of S6). I’m sure you will join me in congratulating them all for this significant achievement.
Senior Prefect Team for 2016 – 2017:
Head Boy: Adam Chudzinski
Head Girl: Katie Henderson
Depute Head Boys: David Harrow and Michael Rimmer
Depute Head Girls: Morgan Oates and Amber Holden
Iona Lang and Kacper Brozyna – St Andrew
Orla Reid and Summer Carle – St Columba
Katherine Gray and Joseph Clark – St Margaret
Kaytie Black and Adam Crocker – St Ninian
Pupils from the school also recently performed in Perth’s Festival of the Arts to great acclaim. Thanks are due to the music department and primary teachers for preparing our young people, and congratulations to our pupils for fine performances.
- Tonight we have our annual Dunkeld Education Mass – we are joining with schools from around the diocese to celebrate Catholic education in St Andrew’s Cathedral, Dundee.
- We are nearing the end of the SQA examinations and Friday 3rd of June sees the return of our new S5 pupils from study leave with S6 returning on Monday 6th June. On the day they return to school, they will receive induction on their role and responsibilities for the year ahead. We look forward to having our senior pupils back in school and wish them every success for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Sports heats take place on Wednesday 1st of June ahead of the Sports Day finals on Wednesday 15th June when the whole school moves to the George Duncan Athletics arena (weather permitting). Good luck to all taking part.
Other useful information
- Please remember that all pupils should use their lockers for outdoor clothing/footwear and have full uniform during the school day within the building. They should also ensure that any valuables are put in their lockers during the day (including mobile phones). If there are any difficulties with this, please contact your child’s Guidance Teacher.
- Drop-off/collection/Parking – Cars are being parked on the turning circle at the beginning/end of the day which is preventing some of the school transport from parking/leaving. Please do not drop off and/or collect your child within the turning circle. Please drop off and collect your child at a safe distance from the school and allow your child to walk the rest of the way. While dropping off your children at the door ensures their safety, it potentially endangers the lives of others, so please be respectful of this expectation. I realise I’m starting to nag, but this appears to be a stubborn problem!
- There’s been some recent press about schools banning certain fizzy and caffeinated drinks. Just to be clear – these have been banned throughout our school for a number of years as the high levels of sugar and caffeine clearly impact on behaviour. We positively encourage our young people to stay hydrated and we make chilled water available to them. As always, we ask for your support in this.
- School Holiday dates for 2016-17 and 2017-18 are here.
With every good wish,
Seán P Hagney
Headteacher and Campus Leader