20 May 2016 – Focus on Nursery and Primary
Dear Parents and Carers
As always, life is busy here at St John’s RC Academy! The highlight of the past fortnight was the first P7 transition day. It was great to welcome our own pupils, and those who are coming into S1 from across Perth and Kinross, into the school. We will be having further transition days, and further opportunities for the children and parents of the new S1, in the coming weeks.
Later today, I will be meeting with the Chief Executive of Perth and Kinross Council, together with other Headteachers, to discuss the impact of budget challenges this year. As you know, we will do everything we can to ensure that the quality of education remains high as we look for creative solutions to budgeting issues.
- Mrs Dogru ran very successful gymnastics sessions with our nursery pupils – thanks for your support!
- I recently met with Rev Dave Rankin of Riverside Church, who is also a nursery parent. We’ve been making plans about how we can link up in the future.
- Some of Primary 5 pupils had a great day out at the Cricket Competition in Perth
- Some of our pupils have been selected to have their art work on display at Perth Blooming Artists Exhibition. Opening Night is on Thursday 26 May.
- Our Brass pupils took part in the Festival of the Arts Concert and the feedback was very positive.
- Over 60 children from St Stephen’s, Our Lady’s and St John’s came together for a retreat with a focus on ‘Life in the Spirit’ (see picture). A special thanks to Justyna, Parish Youth Worker, Mgr Martin, Mrs MacLagan and Mr McKell (HT, St Stephen’s) for leading a session on this day.
- Primary 7 will come together and celebrate their final class mass on Sunday 22 May at St John the Baptist Church at 11.00am. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to join you for this – but many staff will be there. I would encourage all of our P7s to attend this special occasion, smartly dressed in uniform.
- Primary 6 will begin their 2 week block of swimming on Monday 23 May. Children are reminded to bring their swimming costumes, towel and 50p for their locker every day over the next 2 weeks.
- Tuesday 24 May, P1 will be walking to join the parishioners of St John the Baptist for mass at 10am. If you are able to support with this, please contact the school office.
- Primary 6 and Primary 7 pupils will be running over to George Duncan Arena on Wednesday 25 May to take part in the County Sports Event from 4-6pm. Good luck to everyone.
- We also welcome our new P1 parents on Wednesday evening and give them a tour of the primary 1 classes.
- Friday 27 May, will be our next Soft Starts morning and parents/carers are invited to come along and share in your child’s learning from 9.00-9.30am followed by a cup of tea with the Senior Leadership Team from 9.30-10.00am.
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter! Our nursery account is @stjohnsnursery_ Our main school account is @st-johnsacademy And we now have a campus twitter account: @NorthInchCC
Every good wish,
Seán P Hagney
Headteacher and Campus Leader