6 May 2016 – Focus on Nursery and Primary
Dear Parents and Carers
This week has been Health and Wellbeing Week and it has been another great success. For the first time, our secondary also had a Health and Wellbeing week too. Sports Days were well attended, with all our children showing great sportsmanship. A special thanks to the parent and S4 volunteers and staff for running a variety of activities. In addition, thanks to those for supporting with our visit to mass on Thursday for the Feast of the Ascension. I was also delighted with the turn out for our Bike Breakfast on Thursday morning. I hope all the parents who joined us enjoyed their morning bike ride and breakfast around the North Inch.
- Learning Trees should be at home and copies are available here. Please take an opportunity to discuss your child’s learning with them at home. There will be an opportunity to visit classes on Wednesday 15 June from 3.00-5.00pm as part of our Learning Portfolio Open Event.
- I handed over a cheque for over £6900 to SCIAF this week. As part of a UK government scheme, this year’s donation will be doubled to £13,800 – another incredible total. Thank you all so much for your generosity.
- A selection of P4 & P7 children will be involved in the Scottish Survey of Literacy and Numeracy next week with the group participating in Listening & Talking and reading activities.
- P2 will attend their class mass in St John the Baptist church on Tuesday morning. If you are able to walk with P2 please contact the school office.
- P4 pupils who are preparing for their First Holy Communion from St John’s, Our Lady’s and St Stephen’s will come together on Thursday for a retreat.
- Our P6 & P7 basketball team are on their way to Nationals on Thursday 12 May in Dundee. We wish them all the best in the next stage of the competition. Our senior pupils, Niall Martin and Harris Blain have worked hard with the team at training and their hard work has paid off.
- Friday 13 May our Primary 7 pupils will be attending their Transition Day for their move to our secondary department.
- Parents from P1-6 are invited to attend our Soft Starts from 9.00-9.30am followed by an opportunity to meet with SLT from 9.30-10.30am in the Noisy/Quiet Room.
- From week beginning the 16 May the secondary timetable changes. This will have an impact on primary PE days. Children should bring their PE kits every day.
Every good wish,
Seán P Hagney
Headteacher and Campus Leader