7 June 2016 – Focus on Nursery and Primary
The last two weeks have been extremely busy within the primary department! I don’t know quite where to begin!
- Primary 6 have completed their two week swimming block and the progress by all was excellent. Children have received certificates for their efforts at assembly.
- Primary 7 had the opportunity to participate in a Minecraft event on Thursday 2 June with Immersive Minds. You can see an article in the Courier about this too.
- Primary 7 celebrated their final primary mass on Sunday 22 May, thanks to all parents and children who attended this event.
- Special thanks to Mrs Graham, Pupils Support Assistant, who took the P6 & P7 pupils to the County Sports event on Wednesday 25 May. All the children had a great time and should be proud of their achievements.
- Our Eco committee have been working extremely hard in pulling together our evidence of their work around Eco. They have submitted our application to Eco Scotland and we are waiting patiently to see if we have received our first all-through Green Flag. Watch this space!
- A special thanks to the young people from P4-S6 who made the trip to St Andrew’s Cathedral, Dundee for this year’s Education Mass. The evening was led by SS Peter and Paul, Dundee and our young people were great ambassadors throughout.
- Primary 7 and the new S2 took part in the Inventors’ Challenge on Friday 3 June. The enterprise challenge was a great success and our Primary 7 pupils are even more excited about their transition to S1 in August.
- Sunday 5 June saw one of our highlights of the year as a Catholic school. 28 of our P4 children celebrated their First Holy Communion. Huge thanks to our young people, parents and families and staff, for coming along and participating in this special celebration. An extra special thanks to Mgr Martin and Fr Bogdan, Miss Rae and Mrs MacLagan for preparing the children for their sacrament.
- Our nursery have spent the day in the sun for our Nursery Sports and Picnic. Well done to all the boys and girls for their great efforts and to their parents and families for coming along to support this event.
- Tonight is the final Parent Council meeting for this academic session. All parents are invited to attend from 7.00pm in our Conference Room. There will be a presentation from Young Carers. I will also be speaking about the findings from our recent questionnaires and next year’s school improvement plan.
P7 will be attending their P7 Induction Days on Thursday and Friday of this week.
Our parent council have organised the P7 Party which takes place on Friday night, here in the assembly hall. Tickets are priced £2.50 and available from our school office.
During the P7 Induction Days, the rest of the school will have the opportunity to meet with their class teacher for academic session 2016/2017, where possible. A letter detailing new class teachers for next session will be out on Wednesday.
Our Learning Portfolio Open Evening will take place on Wednesday 15 June from 3.00-5.00pm. This is an opportunity to look through your child’s portfolio of learning and parents are invited to comment on your child’s progress. We look forward to seeing you then.
29 June is the Feast of SS Peter and Paul and the primary school will attend mass at St John the Baptist Church in the afternoon of Tuesday, 28 June as a Vigil Mass. If you are able to help with walking to mass, please contact the school office.
Wednesday 29 June – Whole School Trip to the cinema and North Inch. Payment for this trip is now due and parent helpers are required. Please contact the school office if you are able to assist on this day.
And don’t forget that Friday 1 July is the last day of term and is a half day! School Holiday dates for 2016-17 and 2017-18 are here.
With every good wish,
Seán P Hagney
Headteacher and Campus Leader