Skip to content

8 January 2016

Dear Parents and Carers

I’m aware that there has been speculation and some anxiety about an incident in our school/campus yesterday evening and I would like to take this opportunity to make you aware of the full circumstances.

After normal school hours there was an accident in a science classroom when a jar containing a preserved animal used in biology lessons was broken and the preservative solution in the jar spilled onto the floor.

For precautionary reasons, staff on site responded quickly to shut off the classroom concerned, the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service were contacted to ensure a safe clean-up of the materials and campus users were evacuated from the building. Two individuals were briefly exposed to the chemical, and were seen by Scottish Ambulance Service personnel at the scene.  Specialist cleaners were called upon and the room professionally cleaned.

There was no significant danger, and we are pleased that the incident was dealt with quickly and safely, and the school was able to open as normal this morning.

With every best wish,

Seán P Hagney

Headteacher and Campus Leader